Website Privacy Notice
- General Information. 2
- Our Website. 2
- Our collection and use of your personal information. 2
- Our legal basis for processing your personal information. 3
- Cookies and other tracking technologies. 3
- Data Recipients 4
- Retention Period. 4
- Transfers of data outside the EU/EEA. 5
- Security. 5
- Your Rights 5
- How to contact us. 5
- Changes to this privacy Notice. 6
- General Information
This website is operated by NEOLAW A.I. (“We”, “us”“the Controller”).
We believe that the future of professional law firms lies in using the best of modern technology to increase the efficiency of lawyers by eliminating time consuming tasks and by expanding their knowledge horizons to the benefit of their clients. Using the latest and best aspects of machine learning and AI together with a natural language processing, neolaw.ai is set to become an indispensable legal assistant and knowledge repository for ‘in-house’ lawyers and practicing lawyers throughout Cyprus and beyond.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
- Our Website
- Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase digital content via our website and complete customer surveys, participate in competitions via our website or subscribe to our newsletter.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you contact us or subscribe to our newsletter or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website (see ‘Cookies’ below).
The personal data that we collect from you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. This information includes:
- your full name, email address;
- details of any feedback you give to us;
- information about the products or services we provide to you;
- your account details, such as username, login details;
We use this personal information to:
- Facilitate your order and to generally provide our digital content to you. We use a third party to process any purchases made with a payment card and, therefore, we do not view or store your payment card information.
- Communicate with you about your order, your transactions with us, information about our products or services, or (consistent with applicable laws and the choices available to you as described below) to send you offers and promotions for our products and services.
- customize our website and its content to your particular preferences.
- Provide you with customer and product support.
- Create and manage your account with us.
- Monitor the progress of our services to improve them and demonstrate high quality performance.
- Verify your identity.
This website is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
We collect and use this personal data to provide our services to you. If you do not provide personal data we ask for, it may prevent us from providing our services to you.
- Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information, we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various legal bases on which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose such as when you create an account with us, subscribe to our newsletter or participate in one of our promotional activities. You have a right to withdraw consent at any time.
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract, we have with you or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract and to allow us to provide our goods or services to you such as when you place an order through our Site.
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which override our legitimate interests).
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your device (eg computer, smartphone or other electronic device) when you use our website. We use on our website to help us recognize you and your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
For further information on cookies, when we will request your consent before placing them and how to disable them, please see our https://neolaw.ai/cookie-policy
- Data Recipients
Within the Controller, your personal data is accessible only to need those who to and only for the purposes mentioned above.
We may disclose Your information to our affiliates, in which case We will require these affiliates to comply with this Privacy Notice. Outside the Controller, recipients of your personal data may be any subcontractors or third parties who cooperate and/ or provide services to us in the context of its business, such as companies that provide email services, software development, web hosting services, information technology services, online payment services etc.
We choose our associates very carefully, after the necessary checks have been carried out and sufficient guarantees have been provided to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in such manner that processing will meet the requirements of the GDPR and the relevant laws and ensure the protection of your rights.
We may also need to:
- share personal data with external auditors, e.g. in relation to the audit of our accounts;
- disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- share some personal data with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a restructuring—usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible, however, the recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
If you would like more information about who we share our data with and why, please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
- Retention Period
Personal data provided to us via our Site will only be stored until the purpose for which they were processed has been fulfilled or – in the case of consent – until you withdraw your consent. Insofar as retention periods under commercial and tax law must be observed, the storage period for certain data can be up to 7 years. However, storage periods may also be amended due to our legitimate interest (e.g. to guarantee data security, to prevent misuse or to prosecute criminal offenders).
- Transfers of data outside the EU / EEA
If your data will be transferred to entities or other third parties whose headquarters or place of data processing is not located in a member state of the European Union or the European Economic Area, we ensure before forwarding the data that, outside of legally permitted exceptional cases pertaining to the recipient, either an appropriate level of data protection exists (e.g., through an adequacy decision of the European Commission, through suitable guarantees, or the agreement of EU Standard Contractual Clauses between us and the recipient), or your sufficient consent exists.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. These measures include, but are not limited to, encryption, access control to a limited number of persons, internal audit etc. Furthermore, we limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of secrecy and confidentiality. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Your Rights
As a data subject, you can contact us at any time with a notification to make use of your rights. These rights are the following:
- The right to receive information about the data processing and a copy of the processed data under certain conditions.
- The right to demand the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of incomplete data under certain conditions. Please see “9. Accessing your Information below” for more information.
- Subject to some exceptions, the right to demand the erasure of personal data under certain conditions.
- Subject to certain conditions, the right to demand the restriction of the data processing under certain conditions.
- Subject to certain conditions, the right to receive the personal data concerning the data subject in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmittance of these data to another controller under certain conditions.
- Subject to certain conditions, the right to object to the data processing under certain conditions.
- The right to withdraw a given consent at any time to stop a data processing that is based on your consent.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, please contact us (see ’11. How to contact us’ below).
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can submit your complaint with the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection, at 1 Iasonos Street, 2nd Floor, 1082 Nicosia, tel. +357 22 818456, email address email@example.com.
- How to contact us
Our contact details are shown below:
Our contact details
Elias Neocleous & Co. LLC, Neocleous House, 195 Makarios III Avenue, P.O. Box 50613 CY-3608 Limassol, Cyprus. Contact Telephone Number: +357 25 110 110https://neolaw.ai/
- Changes to this privacy Notice
This privacy notice was published on 05.07.2021 and last updated on 24.06.2021.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time and when we do, we will inform you via our Site or other means of contact.